The Green Star - originally intended as a refuge from Thread, now a refuge from war, as all of Pern battles for the last scraps of ore that can be dragged from the earth. Can the riders of Discovery Weyr build anew? Or does this new world harbor its own dangers?
CURRENT TURN: 2914 CURRENT SEASON: Summer

EVENTS:
Elemental Clutch Touching - TBD
Elemental Clutch Hatching - TBD

LESSONS:
sooooooooooon

Add Reply
New Poll

Announcement #2
Rannoch
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 03:10 PM

OOC Name: Rannoch

Profile: PROFILE

Title: A Wild Admin Appears

Marks: 236

First off, I'd like to thank everyone again for their patience and kindness. I know the news is kind of a nasty blow out of left field (believe me, it is for me too) but I think this is the best I have ever seen a Pern crowd rally around a new site. This is a great group and I'm honestly glad.

I'd also like to congratulate our two new staffers: Anubis and Nomi! They'll be taking over character acceptance, plot stuff, etc. for the immediate future. (I'm also giving them both admin CP access so that accounts and usergroups can get changed, topics can get moved, etc.) In the event that I can't return to Weyrd, I hereby officially authorize these two to either take over as new head admins or appoint someone new.

I'll check in soon and let you guys know how things are going on my end.
PMEmail
^
Merry
 Posted: Aug 14 2015, 11:19 PM

OOC Name: N/A

Title: N/A

Marks: 11

I hope to see you back Rannoch, but even if not I wish you well and I hope it works out for you.
PMEmail
^
Rannoch
 Posted: Dec 23 2015, 04:05 PM

OOC Name: Rannoch

Title: A Wild Admin Appears

Marks: 236

So my definition of "soon" is obviously not what it used to be.

HOWEVER, I am alive! And all of my internal organs are functioning correctly again! Which is great!

I have no idea if folks are still checking this site - if you are, hello, I'm alive and well and things are going better for me. Puzzle says hi too. Unfortunately, given the unexpectedly long hiatus and everything that's still going on in my life, I don't see a revival on the horizon any time soon. Thank you so much, everyone who rallied around and helped and believed in Weyrd. You're all fantastic people and it means a lot to me.

By all means, if anyone has suggestions for other friendly, inclusive Pern sites, feel free to toss them around here. And again, if I haven't said this before, everything on Weyrd can be considered open source, with the exception of really site-specific stuff like characters.
PMEmail
^
Sporelet
 Posted: Dec 23 2015, 05:07 PM

OOC Name: Sporelet

Title: N/A

Marks: 44

It's great to hear that you're doing better, Rann! I joined late enough that never actually got to meet you, but I have a lot of respect for the vision you had when making this site, and I will continue to check in now and again in the event that revival should ever become a feasible option. I hope things even-out for you sometime in the reasonably near future, and that you have a good holiday season. c:

--------------------
Ianyar : silverhandler
Emya : a. techcrafter, candidate
Ceyeirnu : a. starcrafter
Jeride : candidate
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY BONBON.
Toggle Cbox