OOC Name: Anubis
i smashed a plate over your head,
as we set fire to our bed
34 | FEMALE | J. METALSMITH
5'1" ; Dark brown hair ; Brown eyes ; Felicia Porter
Close enough to a model physique, sans height, Nivika holds a specific grace and poise while upright. While her arms might reach beyond her thin waistline, the proportions do not line up well with a low roll of five feet and one inch from the soles of her feet to her scalp. Not much fat lines her bones and organs, and instead, a great deal of weight comes from her muscles- especially the arms and legs. Complexion does allow sweat through her pores and roll down her bronze skintone, and acne can be spotted around her forehead and neckline. A heavy dust of freckles splatters across her face, arms, and some of the upper back. A windswept style with extremely short sides marks her deep brown hair to a point, and her narrowed, dark brown eyes creates a lovely comparison. On many parts of her body, including the upper and lower arms and legs, chest, and a few small nicks around her neck, lie scars from her craft and wher. In all- well, she might not cut it for a model, though she does own one heck of a stare.
While her legs might be able to crush a man's skull, the bite behind the gorgeous face goes beyond her bark. Apathetic to no end, it isn't like she doesn't care about how your leg broke in a few places. Mostly, she'd rather not hear it, unless it were some riveting tale involving wherries. Light humor, harr harr. Nivi would rather not waste time, leading into a fairly awful impatience she needs to work upon. Work needs to be done, and she's not about to sit around and wait for it to magically appear finished; nothing would be done otherwise. While lies may come out of her mouth frequently, deep down remains an incredibly honest person who will tell it to you straight if the need arises. In a way, it seems insensitive- what, with her throwing out a heartfelt tone in order to allow it to get across one's skull. She can play good or bad cop, though the latter works best with her ways.
Looking upon the world through a thin sheet of glass, not much of it appeals to her interest. This is where she takes note of many who want to live with their own self-interest, rather than appealing to the honorable codes and laws of the land. Truly, it disgusts her when some blatantly seek out the highest rank without thinking consequences, and it leaves a horrid taste in her mouth. She can be vocal about these opinions, as well.
Even with a mostly negative and vocal of opinion personality, a few traits came out right. Writing out a list of pros and cons to something before indulging into it assists in a fairly logical standpoint on a variety of topics. For example, she can probably tell you most of the workspace in a metalsmithing craft as well as a few other general topics. She analyzes problems and tends to come up with temporary solutions until a proper one is formed. Honestly, she's a responsible adult, devoid of most (if not all) immature thoughts coming her way. She'll take issues into her own hands, look after others, and so on; it only increases with devotion to companions. She isn't the greatest at keeping relations outside of professional, but if she does, they can bet on her being there for them, no matter the cost. (However, Nivisk comes before anyone else, no matter what she says.)
- Born in Telgar Weyr (Summer T. 2880) to a couple of dragonriders, a greenrider and brownrider. She remained the only child.
- Mostly set in the creche with the other weyrbrats, where she made a few friends here and there before resenting them a bit. Occasionally, she would get picked on for her small size.
- Got herself into an apprenticeship at Telgar Hold for metalsmithing at age ten, mostly to get away from the creche and the high probability of becoming a dragon candidate (something she didn't want). Something about dragons freaked her out.
- Once she turned nineteen, she walked the tables and became a journeywoman; she was very ecstatic and enjoyed her work.
- As part of a congratulations, you did it, sort of thing, her previous mentor brought her to a green wher's hatching in Fort. She basically fell in love at first sight with the huge beasts.
- Even though she wasn't about to drop her entire career, she thought it would be interesting to slide into a wher candidate life for a turn or two, especially with a gold's clutch coming up.
- Another green's clutch came up first, with no luck; next came the gold's, who had an iron sire. The mother glanced her over- a newly turned twenty turn old woman- and made a few disgruntled noises before allowing her an egg.
- What formed inside of the shell ended up as a very large, and very threatening in appearance, iron. She blooded her hand and offered it to the wherlet, who accepted it after a wary glance at her. A few harsh stares were exchanged before the bond formed, with his name revealed as Nivisk for a little stronger than medium bond.
- Wherling training took her for a spin as she attempted- and mostly succeeded- in taming and controlling the iron with her own will's strength. Once graduating, they were blindsided with joining the hold wars, something neither of which wanted to go through. After a few seasons, they removed themselves from the conflict and returned to metalsmithing.
- In a struggle of returning to her craft, the news of a possible haven from the chaos reaches her ears around the time Discovery Weyr is established. Both start packing their bags and getting ready to leave Fort and the two arrive at the end of turn 2911.
- Without a gold wher joining the rest of the whers, a sudden surge to whercaptain- for Nivisk was the one with the highest command- shocked both handler and wher equally. As such, it took a while to get accustomed to their new position outside of the war, and even she misses her old craft when drowning in paperwork.