The Green Star - originally intended as a refuge from Thread, now a refuge from war, as all of Pern battles for the last scraps of ore that can be dragged from the earth. Can the riders of Discovery Weyr build anew? Or does this new world harbor its own dangers?
CURRENT TURN: 2914 CURRENT SEASON: Summer

EVENTS:
Elemental Clutch Touching - TBD
Elemental Clutch Hatching - TBD

LESSONS:
sooooooooooon

Add Reply
New Poll

I thought I'd never see you again!, Tag Akeros
R'uri
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 06:01 PM

OOC Name: Puzzlebox

Profile: PROFILE

Title: Bronzerider

Marks: 9

One of the drawbacks to Discovery Weyr had always been its small size. You couldn't escape from someone if they wanted to find you, and you couldn't simply disappear into the crowd to avoid the consequences of your actions. In that way, at least, it wasn't wildly different from the tiny cothold where R'uri had grown up. Everything on the Green Star traveled fast. News, supplies, requests, questions, rumors...gossip.

Manhunts.

He'd heard from a wingmate who'd heard from one of the Courier Wing when she came in to lunch: someone from Pern had hopped between planets looking for a tall, thin fisher with a Southern Continent accent. Someone with Fishcrafters' knots and a Southern accent himself. Someone had come to the Green Star looking for him, and R'uri knew that could only mean one person.

Nobody else on Pern cared enough.

His heart was in his throat as he made his way to the Candidate Barracks, moving quickly but decisively in an effort to at least seem proactive. It felt like the first time in his life that he'd done something like this, and it went against all of his instincts.

I don't see why this worries you, Kesereth said irritably, pacing along behind him in awkward bounds so as not to outstrip R'uri's speed. You left him behind. He's in the past. Why be so upset over the past?

"It's not like that, Kes, it's - he's different. Okay?"

I don't understand.

"You don't need to, just - just don't do anything to make things worse for me, okay?"

What is that supposed to -

"Okay?"

Fine. As you wish. But the words didn't stop the rumble in Kesereth's chest, or the anxiety in R'uri's as he reached the door to the barracks, casting around for a half-remembered silhouette - how tall would he be now? It'd been several turns. He remembered his friend's smile, but the rest of the details were fuzzy -

"Ker? Akeros?"

--------------------
Hurricane Wing | 19 | Southern Hold
Bronze Kesereth | Reptile Clutch
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY BONBON.
Toggle Cbox