The Green Star - originally intended as a refuge from Thread, now a refuge from war, as all of Pern battles for the last scraps of ore that can be dragged from the earth. Can the riders of Discovery Weyr build anew? Or does this new world harbor its own dangers?
CURRENT TURN: 2914 CURRENT SEASON: Summer

EVENTS:
Elemental Clutch Touching - TBD
Elemental Clutch Hatching - TBD

LESSONS:
sooooooooooon

Add Reply
New Poll

It goes like this..., tag: Samus
C'vas
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 05:53 PM

OOC Name: Iggly

Profile: PROFILE

Title: Greenrider

Marks: 25

C'vas was having a good time.. He was in the dining area. Chatting up a storm; bothering everyone around him. Regaling old fisherman's tails about talking dolphins and sea serpents that may or may not have been partially or entirely made up for comedic value. On the bright side they were at least entertaining, mostly.

Diranth, on the contrary, was irritated. She was pretty sure C'vas had promised to bath her before it got dark, and the sun was already beginning to set. She'd landed somewhere outside the dining area, wherever there happened to be room, and was curled up in an angry little dragon-ball, staring toward the door with yellow-orange eyes.

She usually knew better than to make such a big fuss about things, but this was sort of the second or third time that C'vas had reneged on such a promise, and she wasn't having it again. On the bright side, she knew that bad behavior tended to get C'vas' attention faster than good behavior, especially when her partner seemed to be so good at tuning her out while he was drinking.

It only took a few moments of thought before she spied her target--a young girl, a candidate if Diranth wasn't mistaken--carrying a large stack of papers past the dining hall. Without much warning, she lifted her wings up and beat them aggressively in Samus' direction, and at the same time gave a loud, trumpeting bellow. The intended effect was to scare the girl. The most likely effect was to blow loose any papers she wasn't holding onto well enough. And possibly scare her, too.
PM
^
Samus
 Posted: Aug 14 2015, 12:03 AM

OOC Name: Whitey

Title: Candidate

Marks: 6

Well, Diranth got what she wanted and then some. Having managed to secure her duties as a Harper, with some kitchen chores on the side, Samus was putting them to good use and still midly considering whether to drop from candidacy. It was clear that the people of Discovery Weyr wouldn't force her to continue on as a candidate and she honestly thought she would jump at the chance to drop it but now she was a little nervous. Did she really want to give up the chance of Impressing a dragon? She was holding out, at least for this Clutch on the Sands and the only question being would it be worth it? The loud noise behind her and the sudden gust of wind would say no.

It wasn't just the trumpet that startled her but the sound of thick sails suddenly beating the air, so lost in thought was Samus she gave a small screech and dropped everything she was carrying. Heart beating wildly, anxious tears briefly prickling her eyes she watched as the stack of papers and books she'd been moving were thrown about the complex. And the trumpet told her who exactly the culprit was as she turned around, spying the green dragon near the dining hall. Samus honestly couldn't believe that she had just been considering Impressing one of the beasts, forget the riders of legend with their noble steeds this was just plain rude. With her heart slowing down and settling in her chest, Samus gave a little chuckle rubbing the bridge of her nose. She was beyond furious. Taking a deep breath, ignoring the papers strewn everywhere for a moment and the few books tossed open on the ground, the Harper stepped closer to the green.

"So uh," she started voice brimming with fury, "What exactly gave you the right the scare me out of my wits and make everything I was carrying get blown about?" Knowing dragon's intelligence, her question was directed at the green, but she knew just as well the often or not it was the rider's fault as well. "Where's your rider? The Dining Hall? Is that why you're sitting here? I swear to Faranth if this is just an attention grabbing stunt I will find some way to just urgh." Hissing and grumbling to herself, the Harper strode over to the entrance of the Hall letting the noise wash over her for a moment and getting ready to put her Harper lungs to good use.

"HEY!" her shout was strong, loud and it echoed enough to get everyone's attention. The plus side of shouting and using lung capacity was that it got rid of some of the irritated buzzing in her. "Whose Sharding green is this?"
PM
^
C'vas
 Posted: Aug 14 2015, 10:18 PM

Diranth's eyes were swirling a peculiar mixture of orange and green (mostly orange) as she stared haughtily down at the candidate. She looked quite proud of herself, for that matter. When Samus demanded an explanation, she just gave the girl the dragon-equivolent of a sneer, and settled back down on the ground, head resting on the floor, eyes still fixed on Samus, mutely.

C'vas heard the quiet sound of a shriek from somewhere outside the dining hall, but it was easily drowned out in the midst of the general rabble of the crowd there. What he couldn't ignore was the sudden rush of satisfaction that he got from his dragon. Others might have taken that to mean something good had just happened, but C'vas knew better.

Rather than rush and see what was going on though, he just took another big swallow of wine, and put off the inevitable. He knew the green wasn't likely to really harm anyone, so it was probably.. safe to ignore..

That is, until that strong shout occurred--the one asking about the green outside.

"Oh, fardles," C'vas finally lamented, mostly under his breath. It caused the snickering of the three riders near him. He actually still considered pretending he didn't know, but his companion nudged his shoulder, and with great reluctance he picked himself up from the bench he sat on, and turned to head toward Samus.

The girl looked a bit furious, and C'vas offered his most disarming of smiles, even a bit of a chuckle, which was both a result of being inebriated (a bit), and just a generally inappropriate reaction probably, at least from Samus' point of view.

"That's my Diranth out there--what's the trouble?"
PM
^
Samus
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 04:01 PM

OOC Name: Whitey

Title: Candidate

Marks: 6

She already knew, somehow, that she would not be getting an answer out of the green so when she had settled back down with her head on the ground that was fine. Really, as intelligent as dragons were often the problem was with the rider. Samus had met quite a few well behaved dragons at Fort whose riders were absolutely horrid, so she didn't have high hopes for the man walking up to her now. And they only worsened when he chuckled, his disarming smile doing absolutely nothing to sooth her frayed nerves. Hands on her hips she grinned back at him, though it was quite obvious this was not a joyful grin and more of a "I'm going to kick your ass" grin.

"Well if you would just come with me I'd gladly show you," Samus growled, swiping forward to grab the rider's collar which if he didn't pull back from, she'd then drag him outside by that very collar. Past the green she walked and just to the edge of the little circle of chaos that had occurred. The papers that had been in her arms everywhere on the ground, along with the books a few open and pages bent. "She apparently thought it would be amusing to not only scare me but to scatter my work. A few of these weren't even fully dry, and you better hope the lettering is okay or I will have you sitting down and copying them for me."

She had let go of his collar and had stepped closer, "Not to mention books can't be printed here yet so if those are damaged we'll both be making a trip back to Pern and I don't think either of us want to deal with that."
PM
^
C'vas
 Posted: Aug 16 2015, 01:46 PM

It probably helped Samus that C'vas was a little drunk. His reaction times were slow, his balance was slightly off. When she grabbed his collar, he was doing fairly well just to stay on his feet, but that meant that she was able to drag him along fairly easily. "Whoa, whoa, lady-" He started, a hand raising to rest on her shoulder, for balance as well as to pull himself free of her hold.

When she let go of him, he blinked owlishly at the papers scattered, taking in what she said a bit too slowly. "Wow," was about all he managed. Part of him wanted to laugh--not at Samus, but just at the stupidity of the situation and the trouble his dragon had caused. He managed to curtail the laugh, but another chuckle escaped his lips. At least this time, he sounded somewhat exasperated. Ish.

"Um." He let go of the girl's shoulder, and instead reached to dust off his shoulder petulantly. "Well," he added, taking far too long to regain composure, and then finally he smiled again, and snapped back to his normal self. "I'm certain she didn't mean to spill your papers--well, maybe she did. But I certainly didn't.. That is, I'm sorry for the trouble," he concluded, tugging at the end of his jacket to straighten the dark gold-colored cloth.

"You really wouldn't want me copying your papers though, my handwriting is atrocious--I didn't even learn to write until I was nearly sixteen turns you know! Here--" He knelt, out of the kindness of his heart, to start gathering some of the papers. "Diranth's been feeling ill lately, that's why she's acting out, the poor thing," he continued. He was not beyond making up fibs to excuse his actions or the actions of his reticent dragon.

He also wasn't making promises about trips to Pern. He didn't like doing dangerous things, and that qualified about as much as anything. In fact, other than picking up these papers, he was expecting and intending to get out of any further work to make up for his dragon's rudeness!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY BONBON.
Toggle Cbox