The Green Star - originally intended as a refuge from Thread, now a refuge from war, as all of Pern battles for the last scraps of ore that can be dragged from the earth. Can the riders of Discovery Weyr build anew? Or does this new world harbor its own dangers?
CURRENT TURN: 2914 CURRENT SEASON: Summer

EVENTS:
Elemental Clutch Touching - TBD
Elemental Clutch Hatching - TBD

LESSONS:
sooooooooooon

Add Reply
New Poll

Would you mind helping?, emya & k'ryn
K'ryn
 Posted: Aug 30 2015, 11:56 AM

OOC Name: Dino

Profile: PROFILE

Title: Brown Rider

Marks: 2

Techth loved baths. That made his hide feel nice and allowed him to look his very best, which he always wanted to do. You never got a second chance at a first impression. However bath time was always better when it wasn't just K'ryn. K'ryn took so long when it was just the two of them that Techth didn't have time to show off his shiny hide. As the pair walked towards the Weyrlake he looked around for someone to help.

'Mine, that girl looks helpful.' Techth pointed out as he looked towards Emya. 'And I haven't seen her before, maybe she hasn't washed a dragon before.' he mused

'You'd like that wouldn't you.' K'ryn responded back with a smile.

"Excuse me miss, I was wondering if you were free to help me wash my brown beast?" he asked with a smile.

'Beast? Really... That could've gone better.' Techth muttered as he gave K'ryn a look.

At his feet Devastator pranced around, careful to stay clear of Techth's tail or feet.
PM
^
Emya
 Posted: Aug 31 2015, 10:13 PM

OOC Name: Sporelet

Title: Candidate

Marks: 28

Emya was currently seated on a rock shelf overlooking the lake, letting her legs dangle over the side where she could dip her toes into the cool, lapping water. Her shoes rested beside her, safe from the soaking waves, while the smaller and brighter of her two firelizards, Katla, preened and whistled in the comfort of Emya's lap. Stroking Katla's velvety green hide, she let herself enjoy the peace of the day, welcoming the quiet beat of sun on her bare arms and calves after a morning spent taking notes on Tor's latest assignment—some irrigation mechanism commissioned from a farmcrafter. She supposed not every project could be explosions and genetic research.

Hearing a call from down the beach, Emya raised her head and looked over to where a young man—around her age, perhaps—was standing in the company of an exceedingly large rivercat and an even larger brown dragon. He was looking right at her, and though she looked around to be sure, she couldn't see anyone else nearby who the rider might be speaking to. Since she didn't feel like shouting at him, Emya paused, then lifted Katla from her lap so that she could stand and make her way closer to where he was waiting.

"Did you say you'd like my help?" she inquired once she was within a couple meters of him. "I'm not busy, but I don't really have any experience with dragons." His dragon really did look quite large from up close—she was a bit nervous at the prospect of trying to wash it. Katla remained unperturbed, letting out a melodious croon and sending peaceful blue-green to the newcomers.

--------------------
PM
^
K'ryn
 Posted: Sep 5 2015, 05:34 PM

OOC Name: Dino

Title: Brown Rider

Marks: 2

'Told ya.' Techth said proudly to K'ryn, causing K'ryn to roll his eyes.

The fact that the girl had walked towards them was a good sign. "It really isn't all that hard, and most likely staying here you'll be roped into it by someone. Dragon's aren't that hard to bathe once they are older, but when they're as big as Techth here it takes a long time for one person to do it."

'Mine is a good teacher.' Techth told Emya. His mindvoice was deep and soothing, his eyes whirling blue-green as he looked at the girl and her firelizard. He had been trying to convince K'ryn to get him a fire lizard for some time now, but his rider insisted that Devastator was enough of a handful.

Speaking of the rivercat Devastator was currently at Emya's feet, bouncing around and making chirping noises. "Don't worry about him. He'll become scarce as soon as we're in the water." K'ryn assured the girl. At least that was his hope. Last time he had come and washed Techth the rivercat had taken all the rags which meant that K'ryn had to chase him around before he could finish washing Techth. Not only was it a hassle but it also made him look bad. However he had hope that today wouldn't be a repeat.
PM
^
Emya
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 02:51 PM

OOC Name: Sporelet

Title: Candidate

Marks: 28

Emya nodded in what she hoped was an attentive gesture in response to the rider's assurances. She knew that dragons were usually gentle creatures, and this one seemed calm enough. It was just that they were so huge. This one could probably squish her by accident and not even notice. Did that ever happen? She would have heard about it if things like that ever actually happened, right?

Now that she was standing next to him, she realised that the brown's rider wasn't exactly a shrimp either. She had to crane her head up to look at him, just like she did when she was speaking with her mentor, although Tor had this man beat in terms of sheer, muscled bulk. Why is everyone on this planet so damn tall? she wondered with some annoyance. If there was something in the food here that caused people to grow, it sure hadn't worked on her.

The intrusion of the brown's comment in her mind startled Emya out of her thoughts. She shifted Katla up to her shoulder, but continued to stroke her wing so that her hands had something to do. "Right," she said, glancing again at the rivercat which was now inspecting her with marked enthusiasm. "Um yes, hello there."

She wasn't sure if she believed that it would leave them alone once they got in the water. Didn't rivercats like to swim? Like a lot? If anything she suspected that would only make it more inviting for the critter to stick around, but the man obviously knew his pet better than she did. She dug her toes into the sand so they wouldn't get stepped on my webbed rivercat feet. "So, what do you need me to do?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY BONBON.
Toggle Cbox