The Green Star - originally intended as a refuge from Thread, now a refuge from war, as all of Pern battles for the last scraps of ore that can be dragged from the earth. Can the riders of Discovery Weyr build anew? Or does this new world harbor its own dangers?
CURRENT TURN: 2914 CURRENT SEASON: Summer

EVENTS:
Elemental Clutch Touching - TBD
Elemental Clutch Hatching - TBD

LESSONS:
sooooooooooon
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

IMPORTANT - Read Me
Rannoch
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 02:18 PM

OOC Name: Rannoch

Profile: PROFILE

Title: A Wild Admin Appears

Marks: 236

Hey folks!

So I expect that most of you probably noticed that I have been MIA for the past couple days in regards to Weyrd things. Long story short, some medical stuff that I thought was resolved is Not Actually Resolved and it radically re-ordered my priority list.

Normally I would just push the hatching back a few weeks and beg everyone’s patience. Unfortunately, due to some bad timing, in this case that would put the Touching squarely during orientation for my research assistantship. Which… isn’t likely to work.

It isn’t really fair to just ask you guys to stick around and RP for a solid month when I’m not around to run plots, and it’s equally not really fair to dump the entire site on Puzzle to run in my absence. So I’m putting Weyrd Science on a hiatus.

I am sincerely sorry to do this so soon after opening. But the timing on this wasn’t something that I could have predicted.

Anything from this site - plot, concept, rules, species, wiki stuff - is open for anyone else to repurpose on their own Weyrs as they would like. The only exceptions are the dragon template (please don’t re-use that other places) and my characters (Aulen, Ker, etc. still belong to me).
PMEmail
^
Dae
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:00 PM

OOC Name: N/A

Title: N/A

Marks: 21

Its okay Rann <3
I totally understand, and appreciate the heads up.
Take care of yourself!

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
scribbles
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:05 PM

OOC Name: Scribbles

Marks: 27

Would there be any way for new staff to be chosen for this site? If the dragon lineart was exchanged for a new one here in this site? The site is too awesome to let die so easily and I am sure we would love to continue your legacy.
PM
^
Rannoch
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:15 PM

If there is anyone interested in picking up the site, I would be happy to grant them admin privileges and access to all of my private plot documents.

I would have some stipulations, though: primarily related to not changing any of the rules about Flight stuff or gender/sexuality Impressions, because I don't want my name associated with a site that goes against my personal ethics.
PMEmail
^
Prissy
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:21 PM

Marks: 0

I would gladly step up if needed as a staffer I have years of experience and I'm more than happy take up the reins of a site that I've already fallen in love with and I would change nothing that is already extant.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Eskerne
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:24 PM

Marks: 2

Oh no. -offers hugs- It's perfectly understandable and okay. Please take care of yourself.

I hope things look up for you soon.
PM
^
Anubis
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:33 PM

OOC Name: Anubis

Title: Sand Guardian

Marks: 90

everything's alright, rann! we understand; personal life comes before forum life every time, and it's perfectly fine. you take care of yourself, and if you do want to pass on the staffly things to someone else, that's cool too. c: personally, i'd love to assist in keeping this gem alive, as it's already ingrained in my heart as a lovely place with rules i absolutely adore. either way, it's your site, your decision! you do what's best for you!

--------------------
nivika of iron nivisk
qiuvana of --- pterinith [wip]
d'ani of blue vriath [wip]
maalik of green mask [wip]
PM
^
ArcaneWhitey28
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:34 PM

OOC Name: Whitey

Marks: 30

I hope everything pans out for you Rann! D: Good luck to you on that! Would Puzzle still be sticking around with extra peeps on the team?

--------------------
Journeyman Harper & Candidate Samus
A. Wherlingmaster & Silverhandler Leonal [wip]

plotter -:- tracker
PM
^
Rainie
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:39 PM

Marks: 23

I hope you feel better and can come back later! Still come in and peek in to let us know how you are doing okay?
PMEmail
^
Bhujerban
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 03:53 PM

Marks: 28

I hope everything turns out alright Rann! *huggles and gives cookies*
PM
^
scribbles
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 04:22 PM

Before you go, do a very quick staff try out and pick out some staff. We then can keep it going until your return! :3
PM
^
Fuego
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 04:34 PM

Marks: 9

I'm new, but I fully support picking some interim staff! And if we have to wait for a hatching, who cares? My last site had one hatching per IRL year. If anything, I'm surprised things are happening so quickly here! Not that I am complaining about it though, it's awesome!

Have some staff to approve characters and run minor events. If you trust someone to run a hatching for you, that's great too. I'd step up if called upon, I've had experience running weyrs and have been roleplaying DRoP for over 10 years.

--------------------
PM
^
Rannoch
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 06:21 PM

I've got 2 days until my first appt, which isn't really enough time to run a full staff tryout - that'd have to wait until post-recovery, sometime in the next week or two.

As for Puzzle, I can't really speak on his behalf.
PMEmail
^
scribbles
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 06:33 PM

Not a full staff tryout but at least a PM thing to say "this is me and my experience" to see who is interested. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif it could take a few hours max to appoint at least one as a head admin in your place until your return.
PM
^
Fuego
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 06:37 PM

Marks: 9

Just someone who can approve characters, maybe? I'd really like to play here. But if it's too stressful during this tough time, I totally understand and wish you the best.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY BONBON.
Toggle Cbox