OOC Name: Nomi
If there's one thing life's taught me, it's to grab every opportunity that comes my way
25 | Male | Journeyman Beastcrafter
Preferred name: Briar
Height - 6'02"General - Briar has a somewhat rugged look to him. He's kind of scruffy, with a constant shadow of stubble over his jaw and ruffled hair. He is fairly broad in chest, with a easy line down to his hips and legs. A lifetime of working with animals of all kinds has given him a decent amount of definition to his figure.
Build - Solid
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Green
PB - Chris Pratt
Skintone - Tanned
Scars - Between his rather rough and tumble childhood and a craft which involves working with creatures which are sometimes quite happy to bite or scratch with sharp claws, Briar has his share of scars. The biggest are a trio of claw marks down his left shoulder, running from the just above the joint where his arm joins his shoulder, down to the opposite bottom edge of his shoulder-blade.
Hair - Short, brown and slightly wavy. Briar's hair is clean, but nearly always in disarray.
Body-Dominance - Right
Clothing - Practical and protective is Briar's clothing style of choice. Simple tough cloth and strong leathers are a must.
Adventurous - A soul in search of grand adventure, it was natural that Briar would try to make it for the Green Star when it was discovered. A whole new world, full of new animals to learn about and new places to go? Places no-one else has ever been before? Sign him up!
Ambitious - Briar has dreams and he dreams big. He wants to corner the market in selling wher and firelizard eggs here on the Green Star. Eggs were a valuable commodity on Pern and their even more so on the new planet. He also wants to set up a new racing circuit.
Cautious - For all his ambitions and sense of adventure, Briar is not without a sense of self-preservation. He's not some idiot to go charging out at the first sign of a chance for glory. The Green Star is a completely new world, with all the unknown and hidden dangers that implies. For all the human driven strife of Pern, it was a relatively safe planet in terms of the wildlife so long as one respected it and understood what to look for and what to do. Briar might want to know what's out there, but he's not willing to loose his life to find out.
Craft - Briar works primarily as a trainer, but does also have some experience as a breeder as well. He hs several long term goals with regards to his crafting. The biggest and most ambitious project is a plan to gather other handlers and willing trainees to breed a whole new type of wher. More immediately achievable goals involve working with the Striders and their training, and seeking out other native lifeforms to determine those which might be suitable for attempted domestication.
Brianna - Mother, Smallholder, Keroon
Vinythos - Father, Smallholder, Keroon
Vianna - Sister, Smallholder, Keroon
Briavyn - Brother, Smallholder, Keroon
Annavin - Sister, Cotholder, Keroon
Thiabos - Brother, Soldier, Keroon
Age 0 - 2889
- Briathos is born in Keroon to a pair of small holders, folks who grew food for the beasts Keroon is famous for and did their best to keep their heads down and their lives as far away from the war as possible.
- Briathos' family is not the best one, with a father who is more concerned about his crops than his family and a mother weighed down by a lifetime of regrets and worn thin trying to care for her ever growing family. Briathos has a number of siblings and he often feels himself to be just another face in the crowd of younglings.
Age 12 - 2901
- Apprentices as a Beastcrafter against his family's wishes. He quickly earns the nickname Briar from his fellow apprentices, due to his prickly defensiveness over his right to be part of the craft, and his reaction to anyone making questions about his family.
Age 18 - 2907
- Successfully negotiates his way into ownership of a Keroon racing wher egg.
- Briar's wher egg hatches a rather large green, who names herself Briask.
Age 20 - 2909
- Walks the tables to journeyman
- Beings making money racing Briask
- Briask lays a clutch. When the eggs are ready to be moved, Briar sells them.
Age 22 - 2911
- Buys a firelizard egg. Having deliberately bought a smaller one to maximise his chances if getting a female (even if said female will be a green rather than a gold), it is of little surprise when it hatches exactly that, a pretty little green. Briar names her Star.
Age 24 - 2913
- Successfully applies for a place in Discovery Weyr.
Age 25 - 2914
- Current turn