The Green Star - originally intended as a refuge from Thread, now a refuge from war, as all of Pern battles for the last scraps of ore that can be dragged from the earth. Can the riders of Discovery Weyr build anew? Or does this new world harbor its own dangers?
CURRENT TURN: 2914 CURRENT SEASON: Summer

EVENTS:
Elemental Clutch Touching - TBD
Elemental Clutch Hatching - TBD

LESSONS:
sooooooooooon
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

IMPORTANT - Read Me
Cinnamon
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 06:47 PM

OOC Name: This is the OOC account

Profile: PROFILE

Title: N/A

Marks: 763

D: Oh no! Rann! You take all the time you need. You know where to find me. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif But seriously, do not worry about it. You get better and do the RL stuff. Your (and Puzzle's) well being is more important than any game. If you ever want to talk, just hit me up on Skype. I'll be around.
PM
^
Jewel
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 07:39 PM

OOC Name: N/A

Marks: 13

Good luck with everything Rannoch! Take all the time you need.
I know I'm still interested in playing here, even during a hiatus, and will definitely stick around if you come back.

--------------------
PM
^
ArcaneWhitey28
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 07:48 PM

OOC Name: Whitey

Marks: 30

Tbh I think we'd all p much be fine just RPing until your return as long as someone could accept characters. I know I don't mind waiting for a Hatching, it's happened before. xD The expeditions can always chill for a bit too, I don't mind waiting for the fun plot stuff either.

--------------------
Journeyman Harper & Candidate Samus
A. Wherlingmaster & Silverhandler Leonal [wip]

plotter -:- tracker
PM
^
scribbles
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 07:51 PM

OOC Name: Scribbles

Marks: 27

I'm with Whitey. Somebody to just accept characters. Maybe give them a power to do some small expedition things in the mean time. A month isn't long in RP world and hey, if this person could just help with NPC lessons for candidates and weyrlings and that jazz, I don't see why we couldn't wait. :3
PM
^
ArcaneWhitey28
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 08:08 PM

Mm, I think the only thing that would be nice to have expedition wise is just the Infiltration one still going? That's the only one that's really started, the others are still all in planning stages. So just finish up flitter Hatching, and then there could be temporary Candidate and Weyrling masters. Not sure if we have anyone trying out with a character for either yet? Whers are covered. So:
  • Accept Characters & Update Lists
  • Lessons (the members can probably take this one over entirely if someone wants to create masters)
  • Flitter Hatching (one post left looks like)
  • Infiltration Expedition
I would honestly say just appoint a moderator, they don't have to be full admin since a mod could cover all of the above. Not sure about the expedition though, I'm not sure how much power you gave to the Discovery account (whether it has access to the admin panel). But everything else could go on pause while you recover. :o! Not sure if you'd want to put the AD Contest on pause too and lock it aha. You'd have a lot of ADs to cover it was open longer than a month lmao.

--------------------

PM
^
Nomi
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 08:38 PM

Title: Friendly Aussie

Marks: 720

You take care of yourself Rann, that is the most important thing of all. Putting the weyr on a Hiatus and extending the season and time in general for as long as you need it to be is alright with me and seems to be fine with everyone else too.

I'd be happy to step up as a mod or admin or whatever else you needed me as for as long as you needed me, to do whatever, whether that's just keep the place ticking along till you get back or run whatever plots you have planned already.

I think Whitey is right in that, as long as we have someone who can approve characters, and players willing to take over the 'master positions, we (as players) should be able to run almost all the non-major stuff like lessons, ect. And everyone seems happy to wait for the hatching as long as as you need.

In all seriousness, waiting a month is nothing when it's in the service of a good Pern RP. Especially when it's with a good reason and you've kept us updated as to why rather than just disappearing and not saying anything. I say, appoint someone to take care of the apps and then we can take care of ourselves for a month while you do whatever you need to get yourself better because that is the most important thing. Just keep us updated okay? Cause we're all gonna worry about you, I'm sure.

--------------------
.:| Thread Tracker |:.
Aylia of Gold-Blue Chelth
Z'del of Bronze Icarith
K'lan of Blue Lyxiath
Leonaidys of Brown Leonask
Briathos of Green Briask
Candidate Renvio
Candidate Adeline
PM
^
Rannoch
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 08:51 PM

OOC Name: Rannoch

Title: A Wild Admin Appears

Marks: 236

Thank you everyone for your understanding. <3 I certainly don't intend to give up on Weyrd Science, and I'll be checking in as often as I can! I just... don't know how often that will be, haha.

I am down with appointing a moderator to do character acceptance and run plots! I would even be fine with someone NPCing Hilayleth in the current Infiltration mission. (My only guideline for her is that she is very, very anxious and paranoid at the moment about anyone getting near her eggs, so if she spots any Candidates, it will be Bad News for them.)

For now, tentatively let's go with a character acceptance mod and a temporary hold on season changes. Once the medical stuff is sorted, I'll re-evaluate and give you guys an update on whether I think I can pick up with the Hatching, or whether I want to turn the whole shebang over to a new head admin. If you're interested in apping for character mod, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my decision by Thursday.

Sound good with everyone?

(srsly tho, everybody cross your fingers for me that it is an Easy Fixable Thing rather than a Bad News Thing? because I know Puzzle and I am)
PMEmail
^
ArcaneWhitey28
 Posted: Aug 11 2015, 09:29 PM

That sounds good to me! And yea definitely, I'll be praying for you Rann! Good luck and God speed! Thanks for keeping us posted. <3

--------------------

PM
^
Calypso
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 12:32 AM

OOC Name: Calypso

Marks: 41

That sounds fine to me. I hope you get good news regarding your health. I will be hanging around. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
Kinder
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 07:33 AM

Marks: 75

Hey Rann! I just wanted to peek in and say that I hope that everything goes well for you! Both medically and schoolwise, as well as the general wellness of life!

I am interested in hanging around here and playing on the site until you are able to return!

While I wish I could throw my name into the hat to be an admin, I don't think I will have as much time coming up, and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew or subsequently let people down when I am not as quick to respond or as helpful as I could be!

There are a lot of great people here, and this concept is amazing, so I really want to see the site continue to grow! But life is always more important, and I wish you all the best in everything, but am sure that eventually you will be able to return to us when things are a little more calm and manageable! =D

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
PM
^
Puzzlebox
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 11:28 AM

Marks: 109

Since I know some folks have been asking about me, I'm dropping in quickly to say that I have some stuff I'm working out on my own end, and that plus helping Rann out isn't going to give me much time to do staff stuff. I'll be working with Rann on seeing whether we can lock down someone to hold onto Weyrd while we get through everything, but other than that I'm going to be ghosting.

--------------------
PM
^
Rainie
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 12:17 PM

Marks: 23

Just saying that the grey council member I have in works can serve as temp candidate master so we can have lessons on that and fun expeditions she will no less drag her puppets on.
PMEmail
^
Yellow
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 09:41 PM

Marks: 19

Like others have said, take care of yourselves first, guys. We'll be more than happy to greet you whenever you're able to pop in and say hi, and later on down the road we'll keep playing Weyrd as if nothing had happened. c: I'm so sorry things had to happen this way - I know y'all wish it wasn't so! Lots of love to Rann and Puzzle~ here's hoping everything turns around. <3

I also plan on sticking around and throwing characters about while the site is in a temp hiatus. No worries here if plots, lessons, touchings, and hatchings are set to the side for a bit! I'm more than willing to wait for everything to get back on track. This site seems like it has so much to offer, and I've really grown attached to the atmosphere, among other things.

I think the mod idea is great as well! I won't be throwing my name in, but I'll be here cheering for everyone on the sidelines.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY BONBON.
Toggle Cbox