The Green Star - originally intended as a refuge from Thread, now a refuge from war, as all of Pern battles for the last scraps of ore that can be dragged from the earth. Can the riders of Discovery Weyr build anew? Or does this new world harbor its own dangers?
CURRENT TURN: 2914 CURRENT SEASON: Summer

EVENTS:
Elemental Clutch Touching - TBD
Elemental Clutch Hatching - TBD

LESSONS:
sooooooooooon

Add Reply
New Poll

Head over heals {open!}
C'vas
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 05:13 PM

OOC Name: Iggly

Profile: PROFILE

Title: Greenrider

Marks: 25

I do not like this place.

If C'vas had a mark for every time his dragon reminded him of her thoughts of the Green Star, he'd be wealthy. As it was, he'd have to settle for the wealth of good companionship; because, for all the complaining Diranth did, C'vas still appreciated her presence in all things. Almost all things. "But it's the same color as you!" he suggested from the safety of his bedroom while he tugged on his boots.

No, it's an uglier color. And not that green at all.

"Could you try and think less loudly? My head is throbbing," C'vas suggested after a moment. The first boot tied, he switched feet so that the other foot was propped onto the seat of the chair, instead.

Maybe you should drink less, came the petulant and predictable answer.

He didn't really gratify that with an answer, since they both knew what he'd say, and instead just finished tying his shoes, did a once-over of his dress--a yellow jacket, white undershirt, dark tan pants--and then headed out of his shabby little weyr. Hut. Thing.

I'll give you that much, the housing leaves something to be desired, he offered Diranth in surrender. He lifted a hand to press against his temple, eyes squinting against the light of the bright, early morning. Ick. He was making quick progress toward the infirmary, for primarily selfish reasons; it was his own fault that he had a terrible headache, after all, but he was still going to ask for some sort of pain relief. If they declined, he'd just solve the problem with more alcohol, and call it a day.

Stepping around a younger weyrling that seemed to have some sort of burn on his arm, on his way out of the infirmary, C'vas made himself comfortable inside the building, waiting for a healer that didn't look too terribly busy to flag down. "Hi--I have a terrible migraine. Do you have anything for that?"

He had a feeling that whether his bid for relief went over well would depend on how much the healer in question knew about him; this was not the first time he'd come in with something as simple as a hangover, after all..
PM
^
Jennal
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 08:42 PM

OOC Name: Jewel

Title: Journeyman Healer

Marks: 13

Jennal was always busy; at the moment, however, he was not actively tending to a patient. He was actually considering getting some klah tea, because despite his best efforts, he was beginning to feel a bit bleary-eyed. He'd pulled an early morning shift, and still had a couple of hours to go.

However, his path to the kettle was blocked by a certain Greenrider. Jennal hadn't been here long enough to start learning all the regulars' names, but he thought he'd seen this man a couple times already.

"I suspect that your ailment is self-inflicted," he remarked, eying the rider up and down, a faint frown on his face as he did so. "However, that's no reason to refuse treatment." He gestured at one of the curtained off examination areas. The infirmary was still in development, as it were, and only serious cases got their own exam rooms. And this was not a serious case.

"Actually--I have a couple of new remedies I've been meaning to test, if you're interested?"
PM
^
C'vas
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 11:16 PM

OOC Name: Iggly

Title: Greenrider

Marks: 25

"Self-inflicted? Oh, well.. You know how it is," he said, making a good effort to sound properly ashamed. The attempt didn't last long, as he brightened the instant he realized he wasn't being turned away.

Thus, despite the headache, C'vas managed a bright little smile when Jennal admitted that he might have something for him. "I knew I could count on you," he said warmly, like they were the best of friends. In truth he didn't actually remember this healer's name. Started with a J he was sure..

His fingers reached back up into the hair on the back of his head, pushing at the source of the ache, as he followed the healer off to the curtained off examination area. He didn't mind any potential lack of privacy-it was just a headache, after all.

He sat at whatever table or chair was offered there, with a bit of a dramatic exhale. He wasn't one to complain, but in certain instances when he was needing medication of some sort, he was occasionally known for a flair of dramatics.. Just a touch, anyway.

"To test?" He echoed. "Uh.." There was a brief moment of concerned thought, before he brushed it all aside. "Yeah sure, why not. If it'll help." He blinked a few times. "There's not gonna be any weird side effects or anything..?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY BONBON.
Toggle Cbox