OOC Name: N/A
18 | Female | Journeyman Beastcrafter
Lyl is petite, and tends to look younger than she is. Her face is wide, with wide eyes that give her an almost elfen apperaance. Her hair is an auburn brown that she keeps cut down to her cheekbones for easier maintenance. Her eyes are wide and expressive, gray in color and often open to their fullest extent as she smiles at everything around her. Her figure is youthful, not quite womanly, though she is starting to shape into the female form. Her limbs are long and lean and delicate, graceful and agile, not strong but certainly quick. In dress, Lyl wears simple clothing, preferring to not get too attached to such garments. It is easy for clothes to be ruined when out exploring or trying to train a new creature, and especially when having to help with the birthing process. She picks heavier duty pants and boots, while her tops are usually light and breathable. She cannot help but wear a few bracelets, finding herself as easily amused by the pretty bangles as many of her animals are.
The first thing anyone will notice about Lylarina is how eager she is to go out and learn new things. She soaks up knowledge like a sponge, and could have made a decent harper if her love of animals hadn't brought her into the path of beastcrafting. She does not shy away from challenges, and loves intellectual puzzles and games. She is still careful, mind you, when there is a need. Only imbeciles would go charging into certain situations, like a pack of striders standing about in a group. She is perfectly content observing from afar, but the temptation for more close observations is always tugging at her better senses, and sometimes she may go in just a teensy bit too far and get herself in trouble. She does have a decent knack for getting herself back out of trouble, however, and tends to be rather lucky overall.
Lyl loves creatures, big and small, ugly and pretty. Everything has its purpose, and she wants to learn what every single purpose is! Striders are easy, and have been accepted well by those in Discovery Weyr, as a substitute for runners. But she yearns to find their place on the Green Star, rather than trying to fit them into the human lifestyle that is slowly creeping onto the planet. Oh she doesn't mind that people will eventually come and likely destroy everything the Green Star has to offer much the way they have done with Pern, but she wants to know all that there is about the planet first, while it's still fresh and new and spinning for itself.
By way of friendship, Lyl is easy going and easy to like. She tends to focus more on creatures than people, and may find it hard to make actual friends more than easy acquaintances, but she does tend to grow on people. It would be best for others who have a love of plants and animals to befriend her, as they will have something to talk about. But she will not chase away friendship of others, and is content in any conversation. She still does love to learn, and if there is a thing to be known she wishes to know it. People of all walks of life will interest her, as no story is truly the same as the other, and she loves to note the differences among them and see if that may be the reason for slight changes in the people, or if the people are the reason behind the changes in their own stories.
Mother - Arina | +24
Father - Andrilyl of Blue Adrisk | +25
Brother - Ar'nyl of Blue Eritath | +2 (Formerly Aranyl)
Sister - Dylina | -2
Brother - Rindryl | -4
- 0 - Born to a family of beastcrafters, one of four children. Her father bred racing whers, or tried to, with his lean and speedy blue. Her mother focused more on the traditional animals of Pern, the now less used runners and the ever important bovines and ovines that kept Pern fed.
- 7 - Andrilyl picked up a new wher, blue Andrisk, better suited for racing potential and even more single minded on the race than his previous brown. His brown went to another young beastcrafter hoping to breed a better racing stock.
- 11 - Elder brother took it to join the Weyr and try for a dragon. He picked up Candidacy, but stayed in touch. He obtained a firelizard and trained it to bring messages back home, and to take messages from home back to him in the Weyr.
- 12 - Apprenticed to beastcraft, though focused on her mother's side more than her father's. She liked whers, but did not love the notion of trading them in for better ones when they came along.
- 15 - Aranyl Impressed a blue dragon by the name of Eritath and became Ar'nyl). The family celebrated and traveled to the Weyr to meet him, though this proved to Lyl just how overpopulated Pern was, seeing a Weyr in its prime like this. There were several golds, and a few others producing eggs, and not nearly enough were dying. The realist in her told her that this would be a bad thing, for she already knew that the herds of Pern were strained to keep up with the demand for food.
- 16 - Learned of the shift of some riders to Discovery Weyr on the Green Star, and saw several opportunities open up to her. There would be new creatures to discover, a salvation for the Weyr as a whole to protect itself from overpopulation, and a new adventure to discover where she might do something useful!
- 17 - Went to Discovery Weyr on the back of a green dragon, her first and likely longest trip between ever. She marveled at the wonders before her, and adored all of her time spent on the new planet, not minding that one of the possible outcomes would be that she would Impress a dragon and remain here. Who wouldn't want a dragon?
- 18 - Walked the Tables at Discovery Weyr, and managed to capture and train her own strider. Mister liked her from the start, and more claimed her than she could claim him. He trained easily enough for her, especially with offerings of food, though he is less loving of individuals other than his Lylarina. Together they explore with the groups, when permitted, and see what new discoveries they can find on the Green Star.